Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Frame of reference is important because........

Frame of reference is important because it has given me my 'spine' to who I have became and who I am becoming. It is the bones of my character and my identity. I have been able to draw on past experiences, character traits I have found admiral in others, values I have been fortunate to be brought up in and professional and personal goals that I push myself towards. In the world of collaboration knowing who you are and where you have come from and where you desire to go is important, it is also important to articulate that to others and be willing to listen to different and often times conflicting opinions. I have found that withing collaboration if I am able to listen with a open mind and sincere empathy I can communicate more efficiently and affectedly. Understanding where other view points come from and acknowledging them with respect and disagreeing at times with that same respect is a powerful tool in collaboration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment